Saturday 15 February 2014

One Shot: The Pap's

Portia's POV

"Baby, you ready to go?" I hear my wife shout from inside the hallway.

"Coming." I shout back grabbing my handbag and jacket. As I walk into the hallway my wife is waiting impatiently by the door. "Sorry I was just putting my shoes on."

"No problem" she almost whispers placing a short soft kiss onto my lips before pulling away and heading outside leaving me wanting more. I giggle to myself before locking up the house and making my way to our car.

"Is that your idea of payback for making you wait?" I ask her as I sit down into the passenger seat of our Porsche.

"Maybe" she smirks at me before starting the car. Before long we are pulling up down the road from the antiques store my wife wants to visit. She loves interior design and is always on the look out for something to add to our home so I am treating her to a piece of furniture for valentines day before I head to the salon to get ready for our date tonight. As she pulls into a parking spot I see two men with camera's hopping out of a car next too us.

"Seriously? How do they find us?" I say to Ell nodding towards the men setting themselves up to get a good shot of us.

"I have no idea." she laughs as we both get out of the car. As soon as we step from the car we are met with a wall of noise.

"ELLEN PORTIA THIS WAY!" they shout as I am blinded by the flashes. I feel my wifes hand grabbing for mine and slotting in perfectly. When I reach the parking meter I punch in our number plate whilst Ellen shields me from the flashes so I can see what I am typing. I pull out our ticket placing it into my handbag as we continue to walk down the block to the antique store.

"ARE YOU GETTING A DIVORCE?!" one of the men shouts as his camera clicks again. Ellen scoffs next to me and as I turn to face her she lifts her hands up so her ring is showing.

"Does it look like we are?" she responds pointing at her ring. I laugh at her using her humor to be direct in addressing the rumor that has been in the papers for months. We don't read the papers but are constantly asked questions about getting a divorce when we are out and about. Usually we just ignore the questions but I sense that Ellen is in the mood for playing with the pap's.

"You've been seen out not wearing them." one of the men shouts up over the flashes. Ellen looks towards me with a sparkle in her eye. I laugh knowing she is planning what she wants to say.

"I can categorically say we are not getting a divorce unless Portia has decided otherwise." she laughs looking over towards me. I look lovingly at her as we pass the pap's who have already guessed what shop we are going into and have stopped in front of the glass window of the shop.

"Definitely not I love this woman." I say pulling Ellen's hand up to point once again at her wedding ring before following her into the shop. Once the door closes behind us she pulls me alongside her as we walk through the second door into the shop.

"How do they find us?"

"I have no idea" I laugh as she pulls out her phone.

"I'm going to get my own back" she grins mischievously pressing the camera button and turning to face the men snapping us through the window of the shop. I wrap my hand around her muscular arm leaning over her shoulder to see what she is doing. I watch as she takes picture after picture of the men outside.

"Come on Ell." I laugh at her burying the side of my head into her shoulder. Eventually she gives up teasing the pap's long enough to decide upon an oak chair. I pay and arrange the delivery to our house before we thank the lady and leave the store. When we get back to the parking meter by our car I pay the fare before handing the ticket over to Ellen. The pap's are still following us but from more of a distance this time.

"Right baby I'm off to the salon. What time shall I be home?"

"About 7?"

"Sure. I'll see you tonight. I love you."

"Love you too Porsche." she say's softly placing the hand with her phone in on my arm and leaning in towards me. I close the gap between us placing a loving kiss on her lips. I smile as I pull away knowing that the kiss was half for the paps and half to reassure me that she is looking forward to tonight. It has been a while since we had a proper date night with Ellen being so busy with the show and the Oscars. I give her a slight wave as I head off down the sidewalk to the salon around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment