Monday 3 February 2014

One Shot: Ellen's Sick

Ellen's POV

'God I feel hot' I think to myself throwing the covers off my side of the bed. I look over the clock noticing it is only 3am. I look down at my sweat glistened body and sigh realising that I am probably coming down with something. I begin to get lost in my thoughts thinking about the show 'What am I going to do about the show? I can't have another day off!'. Suddenly I am roused from my thoughts by my wife turning over and sitting up next to me.

"Babe you okay?" she croaks sleepily.

"I think i'm coming down with something. I'm burning up."

"Oh baby come here" she says pulling my head to her hand so she can feel my temperature. "Jesus Ell! You're so hot!" she exclaims pulling her hand away from my face. Usually I would reply with some witty comment relating to her calling me hot but I don't even have the energy to do that. I think this takes her a little by surprise as she pauses waiting for me to say something but when I don't the worry on her face becomes evident. "I think I should call a doctor babe you're sweating so much this isn't right."

"No." I say with all of the energy I have.

"Okay well I'm going to get you into a bath then get you a drink okay?"

"Mmmm" I groan as she gets out of bed and walks around to my side. I feel two hands place themselves in mine pulling me up out of the bed before an arm is thrown around me and she helps me to the bathroom. She starts all of the taps in the bath pouring some bath salts in before undressing me completley and helping me into the bath.

"I'll be right back okay? Call me if you need anything?" she says and I nod in reply.

Portia's POV

I walk out of the bathroom a little more than worried about Ellen. I haven't seen her this sick in a long time. I grab my dressing robe and make my way downstairs. As I open the kitchen door I am swamped by a herd of animals jumping up and down me nearly knocking me over.

"Woah woah guy's calm down." I laugh at them before giving them a stroke then going to find a glass and some tablets. Once I have everything ready to take to Ellen I grab them a few treats out of the cupboard and place them in their bowls. Ellen would kill me for giving them treats at this time of night but I can't resist they look so cute. I smile to myself before heading back upstairs to my wife.

"You okay baby?" I shout as I walk through the bedroom into the bathroom.

"Mmm" I hear as I walk into the bathroom and see Ellen shaking her head.

"Hey take some of these and drink this." I say handing her the tablets and water. She throws the tablets into her mouth and downs the water before handing me back the glass. I place the glass next to the sink before walking over to the bath rolling up my sleeves. I sit behind my wife in the bath on a stool and place my hands into the water onto her shoulders. I begin to rub the tension out of her shoulders much to her delight.

"Mmm" she moans.

"You like that?" I say receiving as an enthusiastic a nod as she can muster.  "Good and stop worrying about the show okay? They'll sort it out. You could even get a replacement host so the show can go on?"

"Mmm" she moans again this time smiling slightly.

"I'll give them a ring in the morning and let them know you're ill." I say moving my hands down her chest folding my arms around her neck. I kiss her on the cheek before resting my head onto my folded arms.

"Mmm you'll get sick" she says trying to pull herself away and failing.

"Aww darling I don't mind okay? Someone has to take care of you. Plus it's my job I said so in my vows remember?"

"Mmm" she says smiling obviously thinking about our wedding day. We sit there for a while until my back starts to hurt. I unwrap my arms and stand up stretching my back.

"Right lets get you out of there." I say reaching down to grab her hand and pull her out. As she stand's I reach for the towel wrapping it around her with my arms pulling her into a hug. I start to rub her back before pulling back to look at her face. The sadness is evident she hates being sick especially when she has to miss the show. Suddenly her face changes to a look of disgust.

"Mmm going to be sick." she mutters and I take action pulling her towards the toilet into a crouching position just in time. I sit with her for a good half an hour rubbing her back before she seems to stop.

"You finished?" I ask her and she nods back to me. I wipe her mouth with a tissue before standing up and heading into our closet to grab her some more bed clothes. When I get back to the bathroom she is sitting against the wall looking completely exhausted. I help her slip into the clothes before taking her back to bed. Once she is settled in bed I switch off the alarm on the bedside table and within minutes she is asleep. I lean over and place a soft kiss on her forehead.

"I love you." I whisper to her and almost as if she heard me in her sleep I see the corners of her mouth turn up slightly. I then make my way back into the bathroom grabbing a bowl and refilling the glass of water before turning off the lights. I place the bowl and glass on the bedside table next to my wife before getting back into bed.

Two days later...

The next morning I rang the show and let Mary know Ellen was sick. We decided to get Ellie Kemper to host Friday's show as Monday's had already been filmed giving Ellen the weekend to recover.I called the doctor round on Thursday afternoon who said she had a nasty bout of the flu and left me with some tablets. She spent most of Thursday in the bathroom being sick but yesterday she seemed a little better. I didn't want to wake her this morning when I got up as she looked so peaceful sleeping so I came downstairs and made myself a coffee. I am now sitting outside on the patio reading a book when I hear footsteps from behind me but before I can turn around two arms wrap themselves around my neck.

"Someones feeling better!" I laugh at her placing my book down on the table next to me.

"Morning baby. Yeah I'm feeling much better today. Still not 100% but at least I have my energy back now."

"You oughta be the amount you slept last night" I say winking at her as she unwraps herself from me and comes around to sit on my lap.

"I guess. Thank you for the last few days baby."

"No problem" I smile leaning up and placing a kiss on her lips. We pull apart just looking at each other for a while before she breaks the silence.

"Have I ever told you how much I love you?"

"Oh a few times" I say sarcastically before my mouth is overtaken by the most wonderful sensation I have and will ever experience. Our tongues swirl together in perfect motion. After a few minutes we have to pull away to take a breath. "I love you too." I whisper to her as she rests her head on my shoulder.

"I honestly don't know what I'd do without you Port."

"Me neither" I giggle.

"Hey I'm not that bad."

"Hmmm you're pretty bad when you're sick. You get a bad case of man-flu."

"Oh really?" she says pretending to be shocked with her mouth wide-open.

"It's okay though because I like taking care of you." I wink at her.

"Right that's it you're getting it." she says before beginning to tickle me.

"NO NO NO" I squeal as she runs her fingers softly over my most ticklish areas. We collapse into fits of laughter on the chair. I look into her deep blue eyes and see a passion I haven't seen since she got sick. I place my hand on the side of her face stroking her cheek before pulling her in for a kiss. Our kiss quickly turns passionate as she turns on the chair so she is straddling me. Scared that the chair is going to tip over and we are making out in full view of our neighbours I pull away breathless.

"Maybe we should take this inside if you've regained your energy."

"Mmm maybe we should." she replies kissing me one last time before standing up and leading me back into our bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment