Monday 10 February 2014

One Shot: Oscar's Promo

Portia's POV

I stare lovingly at my wife from across the set. Today she is recording the promo ready for the Oscars. There are hundreds of people here wanting to talk to Ellen yet she still comes over to check on me between every take. That's one of the things I love so much about her. No matter what is going on in our lives our relationship is always a constant. I honestly never thought I'd end up this happy. I watch as she dances down the street with the song blaring out across the lot. When the take is finished she checks in with the choreographer but once again heading over to me.

"Hey baby." she shouts as she skips over.

"Hey."

"Watcha think."

"I love it. It's hilarious. You got the swing right that time too."

"Yeah that's what Mark said." she says proudly as she wraps one arm around my back.

"ELLEN!" the director shouts over. "LAST TAKE."

"Coming!" she shouts back before removing her arm from around my back.

"See you in a bit." she say's cheekily before placing a quick peck on my lips.

I lean myself up against one of the lampposts waiting for my wife to emerge once again from the doors at the end. I hear the track start up again as my wife bursts from the doors. Since the moment I saw her put that suit on this morning all I've wanted to do is take her right there and then. I quickly scolded myself knowing how completely inappropriate that would be not to mention the awkwardness of having so many people around us. I watch her eagerly knowing that this is the last take. I start to bite my bottom lip thinking of the things I want to do to her. Don't get me wrong she looks amazing in any suit but this one is just driving me crazy. She looks so cute with the bow tie. I almost have to jolt myself out of my dirty thoughts when the track comes to an end as she stands in the final pose.

"CUT!" the director yells before the whole cast burst into applause. I watch as Ellen high-fives the rest of the crew. The director calls me over to stand and wait next to him.

"Watcha think?" he asks me as I come to a halt next to him.

"It's amazing I love the soundtrack."

"Yeah it's good right? They're an awesome band as well."

"Yeah I think Ell's gonna try get them on the show in a few weeks."

"Ah that'll be awesome for them."

"Yeah." I say enthusiastically as I watch my wife walk back over too us.

"That was awesome baby" I say enveloping her into a hug.

"Thanks." she utters shyly pulling away but leaving one arm behind my bag.

"Yeah that was awesome. Glad to get it under wrap. Will send you a copy when we get it all edited."

"Thanks."

"No thank you. You go have a good evening."

"You too."

"Bye." he says walking off towards the rest of the crew to arrange packing up the set. I lean into my wife so my mouth reaches her ear.

"Can we go home yet? Keep the suit on though." I say pulling back before giving her a cheeky wink.

"Oh why might that be." she replies teasing me.

"You have no idea what I want to do to you in that suit."

"Oh well in that case what are we waiting for." she laughs before leading me off the set greeting the fans who have been watching on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment